On Wednesday (Jan 25th ’17) it was the first Wakefield Artwalk of 2017. As usual there was plenty to see and do, I didn’t manage to get round it all but here are some of my highlights:
13. Neon Workshops – Richard William Wheater “Things people Say”
10. Harry’s Bar – Art and Ale exhibition of vibrant new works by Hoshi Dee, curated by WE ARE (Amy and Lucy of WE ARE/CRUX can be spotted in one of the pics taken there)
11. Unity Works – An exhibition of paintings by Lucy Morrison ‘The Yorkshire Landscape: An Exploration of Colour and Form’
8. Theatre Royal Wakefield – An exhibition of works by photography students from Wakefield College, responding to the theme of ‘Parenthood’
7. The Art House – Guided studio tour and exhibition of work ‘Widows and Orphans’ by artist in residence Jamie Shovlin, listen to him in conversation with Bryony Bond (Creative Director at The Tetley, Leeds)
5. Outside Wakefield One – Ella Holland created a Wall Mural as a product of her Graduate Residency at The Art House in October 2016.
12. Westgate Studios – Open Studios and Studio Holders Exhibition.
3. Wakefield Beer Exchange – An exhibition of new digital media works by artist Helen Field, presented by WE ARE.
6. The Cathedral Centre – Artists Rachel Richardson and Beth Rose Pop-up workshops.
The Wakefield Artwalk is held on the last Wednesday of every other month starting in January and finishing in November. The next one is the 29th March. Find out more at www.artwalk.org.uk
Hope to see you there.
Till next time,
Purple Faye x