You can now buy a select range of Purple Faye products from the Purple Faye shop on Folksy:
Click the link above or you can go on purplefaye.co.uk and click on the shop tab
Products include ready made 3D Acrylic Paintings, Kits to make your own 3D Picture and a range of sizes so you can order your own bespoke 3D Acrylic Painting to be made for you by Purple Faye.
Folksy is a place to buy and sell hand crafted or designed work from UK designer-makers based on the edge of the beautiful Peak District national park in Sheffield, UK.
Why do we ‘do’ Folksy? We mainly do it because we believe in:
- Craft skills. We love craft and design skills, the process by which people use their creativity and talent to make beautiful work. Most of all, we love making.
- Strength in numbers. Professional, portfolio and hobbyist designer-makers can reach a mainstream audience, test markets and grow their business more effectively on Folksy rather than through costly galleries and boutique shops.
- Cottage industries. Small scale production and handmade goods offer ways to be creative, manage resources effectively and support local economies.
- Meritocracy. Any designer-maker can list their work as long as it is hand crafted (no vintage or mass manufactured work is allowed). This creates a meritocracy where great work from hobbyists can rub shoulders with the best from established professional crafters. The work should stand for itself.
- David not Goliath. 🙂
Folksy is run by James Boardwell and has been since it started in 2008. The inspiration for Folksy came from seeing the energy in the craft communities in the UK as well as North America and Australia in the early 2000s. At the same time the web was offering ways to crowd source solutions to problems and James, having worked in researching and designing digital services for the BBC decided to build a great place for people to showcase and sell their craft work.
Folksy launched in summer 2008, employed its first member of staff in 2009 and has since risen to become the most popular UK site for independently crafted and designed gifts and supplies with over £1 million in sales and a community of 13,000 or so designer makers and a bazillion* buyers.
(*OK, not a bazillion – how much is a bazillion anyway? – but a lot). Find out more here
Free Listings Weekend
This bank holiday weekend Folksy are offering 20 free listings, plus you get 3 free when you first set up a store with them too, so that is why I now have 23 things in my Folksy shop.
We’ll see how it goes, I may add more things to it or try somewhere else. Where do you use and recommend?
A selection of my work is still in The Picture Box Gallery in Wakefield available to buy:
14 Northgate, Wakefield, WF1 3AA
You can still buy from me directly too, just email me at email@example.com
If you are local and wish to buy and collect from me at my Pontefract studio (save on the costly postage prices) just let me know so we can arrange it.
Which way do you prefer to buy from me?
- Order by Email
- In Person (from Pontefract Studio)
- Online Store
- From the Wakefield Gallery
- Some other way
I really appreciate any feedback you can give me about this.
Enjoy the rest of the bank holiday weekend,
Purple Faye x