After completing my education in 2006 (school, college and University) I spent the next couple of years not really making any art just trying to find employment in the creative industries. But unfortunately I kept coming up against the age old problem of needing experience but not being given the chance to get any. So after a while of feeling sorry for myself I decided that I wanted to be able to enjoy making art again, even if it was just to be as a hobby.
One day after finding the “Scarab Beetles”,that I made for my Art GCSE, I got thinking about how much I’d enjoyed the technique of making it and that I wanted to try it again.
I didn’t want to over think it too much after spending so much time feeling like I was doing anything so I decided that since I liked the idea of doing an abstract flower close up I should give it a go and see how it went.
I was so pleased with the outcome that I bought a joblot of 30 8″x10″ blank canvases and made it my project to experiment with the technique differently with each one.
Made up of layers of cardboard, covered with modroc (plaster of paris in bandage) then painted with acrylic paint and varnished to help protect them Ready to hang, no frame needed Signed, titled and dated on the back of each